Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Quick Update

My apologies for no update on the April 6th council meeting. I didn't make the meeting as I was in Tuscaloosa for the birth of our beautiful little girl. I will get you an update after the April 20th meeting and will try to include action taken during the previous meeting.

For those interested, Heather and I brought Ava Kerrington into the world on April 6th at 5:46 P.M. She weighed only 4 pounds 6 ounces, but is a completely healthy little girl. We appreciate all those who thought of us and prayed for us during this time.

One final note: U.S. Senator Richard Shelby visited Guin on Monday, April 13th. He made a short statement about his current work and then took questions from those in the audience. Senator Shelby was open and honest and attempted to answer each and every question presented. I appreciate the work the Senator does for our state and for his willingess to stand on his principles. It's always good to bring someone of his caliber into our community. The exposure we get as a city is invaluable.

No comments: